|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||as per NTA policy|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority|
|Years of Experience:||5 years|
|Contract Duration:||till the end of 2021|
|Education:||Master degree in Economics or any other relevant field, PhD is advantage|
About Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority:
Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority (ACAA) is in the process of expanding the aviation industry of the country into a more competitive status both financially as well as at the operating level. This will enable the industry to respond to current and future aviation standardization. To do so, there is a need for a comprehensive strategic evaluation and analysis from the world’s top aviation industries in terms of financials and regulating the sector. Financial analysis of top aviation industries would enable ACAA to figure out various strategies for the aviation industry’s financial stability. Financial analysis of the world’s sophisticated civil aviation industries will comprise of the evaluation of financial and fiscal policies of the industry and will end up with recommending their positive implication to the Afghanistan Civil aviation industry. Furthermore, ACAA operations and activities need to be analyzed to ensure that existing government regulations are upheld within the market. Hence, coordination and research, and preparation of in-depth regulatory evaluation for the current ACAA assets and operations are required.
Senior Economist will be responsible for research and analysis of economic and business development issues for ACAA. He/She will work under the direct supervision of the ACAA General Directorate. The incumbent is expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities including but not limited to.
Scope of Work and Objectives
Under the direct supervision of the ACAA General Directorate, the Senior Economist will:
- The Senior Economist shall conduct overall economic and financial analysis for ACAA developing projects and contractual agreements, confer with aspects of the business development and airlines marketing plans and procedures
- The incumbent shall undertake strong analytical work based on rigorously applied economics in collaboration with the policy development team to inform sector strategies and operational decisions.
- Analyze the relationship between country’s level of connectivity to the global air transport network and its level of productivity and economic growth to measure the range and economic importance of destinations, the frequency of service, and the number of onward connections available through each country’s aviation network as well as drawing overflight fees economic policy.
- Use statistical techniques to estimate the economic rate of return of ACAA projects and development initiatives, those that are in addition to the direct returns earned by investors and users.
- Analyze the trends and developments in the financial sector on the global, regional, and country-level, and produce reports with a focus on challenges, priorities, and opportunities for market creation and private investment in the sector.
- Make recommendations, offer financial analysis and advice on investment strategies; providing a sound economic framework to ensure that ACAA implements its plans with its strategic partners in accordance with relevant, sustainable, and sound economic principles
- Formulate economic policy frameworks, assess and analyze terms and conditions of contractual agreements, and determine their advantages to ACAA
- Assist in developing and incorporating strategies and mechanisms to rationalize key aspects of economic activities, development arrangements, and other business development issues
- Advise ACAA on economic and business development matters in airports
- Provide policy recommendations to the ACAA leadership in terms of utilizing the potential commercial sights in airports
- Conduct financial analysis of the overall performance of industry commercial areas,
- Research on various financial policies exist within the world’s top aviation industries and provide a comprehensive report and financial analysis to ACAA’s leadership
- Develop economic procedures and plans which are used in forecasting trends and formulating policies
- Work closely with the private sector to standardize their operations and services in compliance with ACAA, ICAO, and IATA legal guidelines and recommendations
- Provide advice and consultation related to economics and businesses, private, and public organizations, and government agencies
- Establish methodologies and concepts for collecting and processing data using knowledge of available sources of information
- Develop and transfer knowledge products for capacity building on economic methods and principles
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head ACAA.
Senior Economist shall report to Director General ACAA
Qualifications of a Successful Candidate
Considering the above criteria for duties and responsibilities, a successful candidate must have the following qualifications in order to be considered well qualified for the position of Senior Economist at ACAA:
- Master degree in Economics or any other relevant field, Ph.D. is an advantage
- Comprehensive knowledge of communications and report writing.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Experience in managing complex organizational relationships at the highest levels, most efficiently in Government
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- At least 5 years of progressive work experience in a related field
Applicants are requested to submit a complete application package which must include all required documents and Subject line of (Senior Economist development Specialist) before the closing date