|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||as per NTA policy|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority|
|Years of Experience:||3 years|
|Contract Duration:||till the end of 2021|
|Education:||A bachelor’s degree in business administration or, economics or, public policy or, Information Communication Technology or, BCA (Computer Application) or, B.S (Computer science) commerce, or other related fields. Having a masters degree in the above fields i|
About Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority:
Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority (ACAA) is in the process of expanding the aviation industry of the country into a more competitive status both financially as well as at the operating level. This will enable the industry to respond to current and future aviation standardization. To do so, there is a need for a comprehensive strategic evaluation and analysis from the world’s top aviation industries in terms of financials and regulating the sector. Financial analysis of top aviation industries would enable ACAA to figure out various strategies for the aviation industry’s financial stability. Financial analysis of the world’s sophisticated civil aviation industries will comprise of the evaluation of financial and fiscal policies of the industry and will end up with recommending their positive implication to the Afghanistan Civil aviation industry. Furthermore, ACAA operations and activities need to be analyzed to ensure that existing government regulations are upheld within the market. Hence, coordination and research, and preparation of in-depth regulatory evaluation for the current ACAA assets and operations are required.
Senior Information Management Specialists will also be conducting different researches (basic & applied) within different areas in order to find out the ways for increasing ACAA revenue. The (SIMS) will work under the Revenue Directorate and will monitor the overall life-cycle of the projects. He/She will also be reporting to the CEO of the various activities for a particular project including financial projections, variations in starting and completion tenure of the project.
Another key task that will be conducted by the Senior Information management Specialist is the policy and planning of different units within ACAA other than particular projects. In doing so, the Senior Information Management Specialist (SIMS) will draft the relevant policies, regulations, and procedures and will report to the line manager accordingly.
Scope of Work and Objectives
Under the direct supervision of the Line Manager (Revenue Directorate), the Sr. Information Management Specialist will:
- Analyze business needs presented by users and recommend technical solutions with a completion timeline.
- Recommend future projects to support and improve the landscape of systems in their area, reducing technical debt and extending the use of the systems were appropriate.
- Produce solid and effective strategies based on accurate and meaningful data reports and analysis. Collaborating with development teams and departments, as well as incorporating users’ feedback.
- Reviews Problem Management/Resolution for all system problems. Report on the root cause for all problem events.
- Skilled at troubleshooting software, hardware, and general technology issues.
- Maintaining computer network infrastructure and ensuring network security.
- Troubleshooting and protecting the Network Systems against male wares, Ad wares, Malicious, and viruses.
- Analysis of problems, finding and delivering a permanent solution to the problems.
- Pro-actively organize requirements of the employees and provide training for network users, and
All other related duties are assigned by the ACAA head or deputies.
The Senior Project Management Specialist shall report to Revenue Directorate that is also considered a lead unit for Project Management at ACAA.
Qualifications of a Successful Candidate
Considering the above criteria for duties and responsibilities, a successful candidate must have the following qualifications as well in order to be considered well qualified for the Position of Senior Project Management Specialist at ACAA:
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or, economics or, public policy or, Information Communication Technology or, BCA (Computer Application) or, B.S (Computer science) commerce or other related fields. Having a master’s degree in the above fields is a plus point.
- Comprehensive knowledge of communications, report writing, and critical analysis of projects
- At least 3 years of progressive work experience in Information management, policy development, Information Technology, Administrations, and operations management, and
- Extensive familiarity with national laws & Regulations as well as international financial standards.
Applicants are requested to submit a complete application package which must include all required documents and Subject line of (Senior Information Management Specialist (SIMS)) before the closing date