|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||as per NTA policy|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority|
|Years of Experience:||3 years|
|Contract Duration:||till the end of 2021|
|Education:||Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, law, and political point (Master’s degree is preferred and possession of Relevant Master’s degree will reduce the number of years of experience to three (3).|
About Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority:
Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority (ACAA) is in the process of expanding the aviation industry of the country into a more competitive status both financially as well as at the operating level. This will enable the industry to respond to current and future aviation standardization. To do so, there is a need for a comprehensive strategic evaluation and analysis from the world’s top aviation industries in terms of financials and regulating the sector. Financial analysis of top aviation industries would enable ACAA to figure out various strategies for the aviation industry’s financial stability. Financial analysis of the world’s sophisticated civil aviation industries will comprise of the evaluation of financial and fiscal policies of the industry and will end up with recommending their positive implication to the Afghanistan Civil aviation industry. Furthermore, ACAA operations and activities need to be analyzed to ensure that existing government regulations are upheld within the market. Hence, coordination and research, and preparation of in-depth regulatory evaluation for the current ACAA assets and operations are required.
Senior Planning and Policy Specialists will also be conducting different researches (basic & applied) within different areas in order for a project to be successfully designed and implemented. The (PPS) will work under the deputy minister of Planning & policy and will assist in monitoring the overall life-cycle of the projects.
Another key task that will be conducted by the Planning and Policy Specialists is the policy and planning of different units within ACAA other than particular projects. In doing so, the Planning and Policy Specialists (PPS) will assist in drafting the relevant policies, regulations, and procedures and will report to the line manager accordingly.
The PPS is also expected to draft or update some key relevant. The source materials including the current policies and procedures, review and prepare annual reports upon the need, the presentation of a comprehensive analysis reports of the different activities and projects
Scope of Work and Objectives
Under the direct supervision of the deputy minister of planning & policy, the Planning and Policy Specialist will:
- initiate, research, prepare, and present a variety of analyses, including short and long papers, dashboards, and ad-hoc projects, for both internal and external audiences. Use varied analytical tools and datasets to derive meaningful and nonobvious insights.
- Perform day-to-day policy administration and project management tasks in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Assist in collaborating with all levels of the organization and ACAA partners on decisions and strategic options that may have operational or policy implications
- Assist in preparing and presenting of high-quality deliverables for diverse partners inside and outside of the organization
- Assist in identifying opportunities for improvement of existing policy processes and build and present the case for change
- Evaluates existing systemwide policy initiatives and identifies areas for updates, review, expansion, phasing out, and other possible actions
- Plans develop and implement new programs and organizational structure changes required to implement the new policy.
- Assess the capacity development needs of section staff and work on the design of suitable training programs in consultation with the Senior Planning & Policy Advisor to tackle staff’s capacity gaps effectively
- Ensures issues or projects progress towards desired outcomes, convenes all relevant stakeholders as needed, and tracks ongoing projects and policy initiatives for ACAA
- Collaborates within the organization and systemwide to attain a coordinated approach responsive to organization needs.
- Develop ICAO standard required TORs of ACAA staff coupled with clear evaluation criteria
- Perform other duties as assigned by the senior management
The Senior Planning and Policy Specialist shall report to the deputy minister of planning & policy.
Qualifications of a Successful Candidate
Considering the above criteria for duties and responsibilities, a successful candidate must have the following qualifications as well in order to be considered well qualified for the Position of Senior Planning and Policy Specialist at ACAA:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, law, and political point (Master degree is preferred and possession of Relevant Master’s degree will reduce the number of years of experience to three (3).
- Comprehensive knowledge of communications, report writing, and critical analysis of projects and policy development,
- At least 3 years of progressive work experience in Project management, policy development, Finance, Administrations, and operations management, and
- Extensive familiarity with national laws & Regulations as well as international financial standards.
Applicants are requested to submit a complete application package which must include all required documents and Subject line of (Planning and Policy Specialist ) before the closing date